Subbaraman N V
*INDIAN REPUBLIC SIXTY FOUR!
Indian Republic sixty four
Democratic fruits enjoyed to core
Democratic rights availed in full
Democratic values laid in lull!
Rights yielded place to a free license
License to indulge in deeds nonsense
Nonsense leading to atrocities
Beyond all due sensitivities!
Achievements galore, pride on one hand
Atrocities galore, ashamed we stand!
Corrupted mind, stained thoughts, evil deeds
Here and there, everywhere, pity indeed!
Our success and failure, good and bad
Who is responsible- sure I am!
R-day resolve- to all should be same!
"Let me mend my mind, tame my thought
With power of will, evils to be fought
Sure allow not my Motherland rot!
Subbaraman N V's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (*INDIAN REPUBLIC SIXTY FOUR! by Subbaraman N V )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sober Song, Barton Sutter
- I Love Your Crazy Bones, Barton Sutter
- The Washing Machine, Abhinit Chute (abz)
- A Teenager's Wish, Praveen Gola
- A Little Shiver, Barton Sutter
- Raat ke andhere me, Aftab Alam
- I lost my game, Praveen Gola
- Devil's cry, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- An illegitimate legend, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Happiness, Praveen Gola