A downward spiral.
Down, down, down...
Blackness in charge of
An unwanted past.
Friends in the dark. Myself
Too far gone. Clean
For three months.
Worries around my wrist.
Fear trying to bring my
Food back up. Shame
refusing to swallow.
Regret, one more swallow.
Cry, sob, sick in hurt.
Love in need of hate, in
Need of heart.
Line after line of red
Scarlet. Sob after sob
Of two finger dessert.
Sigh after sigh of saying
I'm not hungry. Tear
After tear mixed with
An individual trying to
Rebecca Paul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Individual by Rebecca Paul )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Just Being There, Michael P. McParland
- Weihnachtsglocken, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Luggage Lady, Randy Resh
- And so why, Luv Artem
- Riddle Poem-4, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Spring in the Holy Land, Nero CaroZiv
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul