tex t sarnie
As far as I can remember
I never experienced demons as a child.
I think they began at the age of puberty,
and ever since they've driven me wild.
As I grew older and became corrupted
in my thoughts, and in my deeds.
The demons have grown accordingly
and will try anything to succeed.
Every minute of everyday they fill my mind
with uncertainty and hesitation,
which brings chaos to the ambiguity
and confusion to my situation.
They make mountains out of mole-hills,
and revel in manipulating logic.
Creating reasons for unsound decisions,
which could result in being tragic.
I can understand the fragile and vulnerable
being driven down the schizophrenic road.
The continuous inner battles and torment
could make the soundest mind explode.
I suppose most demon hosts find a solution
to their loathsome uninvited guests.
Mine is listening to music and trying to relax,
whilst my willpower does the rest.
I've spent a lifetime fighting demons,
and I still don't know why they're here.
But I do know they're not here to help me
and losing a battle is my biggest fear.
tex t sarnie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inner Demons by tex t sarnie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- yup, you know i love you, Mandolyn ...
- Time Machine, Tammy Ashton
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote
- Confused Sea Gods, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- A Cookie Jar, Heather Burns
- Anger, Steve Gregory
- THERE MUST BE A CURFEW ON ALL CATS GLOBAL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Coincidence is hope for a non-believer, Jorge Rolon