Tex T Sarnie
As far as I can remember
I never experienced demons as a child.
I think they began at the age of puberty,
and ever since they've driven me wild.
As I grew older and became corrupted
in my thoughts, and in my deeds.
The demons have grown accordingly
and will try anything to succeed.
Every minute of everyday they fill my mind
with uncertainty and hesitation,
which brings chaos to the ambiguity
and confusion to my situation.
They make mountains out of mole-hills,
and revel in manipulating logic.
Creating reasons for unsound decisions,
which could result in being tragic.
I can understand the fragile and vulnerable
being driven down the schizophrenic road.
The continuous inner battles and torment
could make the soundest mind explode.
I suppose most demon hosts find a solution
to their loathsome uninvited guests.
Mine is listening to music and trying to relax,
whilst my willpower does the rest.
I've spent a lifetime fighting demons,
and I still don't know why they're here.
But I do know they're not here to help me
and losing a battle is my biggest fear.
Tex T Sarnie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inner Demons by Tex T Sarnie )
Did you read them?
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
- All horizons, hasmukh amathalal
- The area of no envy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Your true friend is in you, Ashwini Annigeri
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Call It Music, Philip Levine
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(January 10, 1928)