Darrell A. Roberts
Inside the Good Mind
In these tough times it's a trial to stay strong,
Never give up pray to God for His Grace.
Shine like a star as you sing your life's song
It is the Great God that will judge your face.
Depend on no one do what's right not wrong,
Each sweet soul here must detach from this place.
Take time to think through everything you do,
Hear your human heart and have a clear mind.
Each loving soul like a champ will come through
God's good love is it the best thing you could find.
Oust bad thoughts and bad habits out of you
Oust lust, anger, and greed and love you bind
Do your best to make your mind pure and true.
Meditate on the true strength of the soul,
It is always, full of knowledge and bliss,
Now at this that should be the real goal,
Destroy the demons, and love do not miss!
By Darrell A. Roberts
Darrell A. Roberts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
When I wrote this poem I was having a difficult day, and just wanted to stabalize my own mind.
Comments about this poem (Inside the Good Mind by Darrell A. Roberts )
- Farewell To Spring, Narayana Raghavan
- The Moor, Nathalie Handal
- Your Songs Mean Nothing Now, Phil Soar
- In The Blue Hour, Nathalie Handal
- The Day Monsoon Appeared Upon My Eyes, Narayana Raghavan
- Bethlehem, Nathalie Handal
- Maa, sushant jha
- Tonight, Nathalie Handal
- Black Beans, Edward Kofi Louis
- Humble Yourself, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- nugget, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)