Inspirational writings in a time not so bright,
I cry out for the words that will get me through the night.
Time has taken its toll on all that is right,
And I cannot find the words down deep inside I want to write.
I wander the lands during the night and the day,
Taking side roads and deer paths and losing my way.
Inspiration is out there, and I know that I can find it,
I must continue to trek on and I must get a grip.
Time controls the rhythm of the words I write,
It controls the inspiration and the idea light.
Time takes me on journeys to find my desires,
It controls my heart, my soul, and my inner fires.
I must dredge on and capture the bottle of time
So that I can win back my words and my rhyme.
Pray for me, and hope that I am not denied,
The inspiration to write and the replenishment o f
All the tears I cried.
REB (AUGUST 2012) because someone out there needs inspiration to write
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inspiration Time by Rik Bertrand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Blue Words Were Spoken From A Golden Book, mary douglas
- Essay of Self, Simon Quperlier
- I Was Wearing A Dress Of Impeachable Hue, mary douglas
- Dull by nature, gajanan mishra
- Silently Growing Strength, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Green The Leaf Reverts To When Earth.., mary douglas
- Singles Dance at the Union Hall, Donal Mahoney
- Excitement, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Impulse, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Awaiting you, Pradiptakumar Mohanty