Dr John Celes
International Women's Day,2013
‘Being alone was not good for Adam! '
So, God made Eve as his companion.
And Eve became the mother of humans;
Through labour pains, she brought forth her children!
His female partner was his better half;
Her weaker frame made her the weaker sex;
Eve procreated human race so well;
Yet, are women denied their place that's due!
'Tis sad to see women, the way they are!
They vie with men in every field and sphere;
At times, they are better than men perhaps;
But men are men and women are women!
God made each one so uniquely on earth;
Each one had gifts to suit their wants and needs;
But Eve is yet to get her rights complete;
Society won't give her security!
The glory of woman remains untold;
Her love and care of children is so great;
Her sacrifice for family's sake is much;
As wife and mother, she's incomparable!
Will not the world realize this strong truth?
Respect women for doing their duty;
Allow the female child to be born safe;
The world cannot progress with women harmed.
Let society then change its attitude;
The girl-child's boon, not bane to human race;
Protect women and let them live in peace;
Wipe out the heinous crimes against women.
The womb cannot be tomb for those unborn!
Women should not kill babies as they wish;
Preserve the sanctity of human life;
Can you think of a world without women?
‘Happy International Women's Day,2013!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 8-03-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (International Women's Day,2013 by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
James Weldon Johnson
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Wild Love, Courage Ghandih
- To The Dead, Leong Ming Loong
- I am here and still, gajanan mishra
- chickens in the yard eating craklin brea.., Bull Hawking
- Reign of Fire, Bhaskar Rabha
- I've got a mind full of you, Bull Hawking
- Culp's Hill, John F. McCullagh
- A Rockstar Came Travelling, Richard Whiting
- Re: Your Poetic License Renewal Applicat.., John F. McCullagh
- Direct Departure, Tayyab Ijaz