Jesus James Llorico
Internet Cafe (Circa 2013)
The growth we get from this internet...
It lightens our load without much sweat
This advantage is cheap and homely
That chatting with someone is now easy
And if you need to do some research
You just type the word and click on 'search'
So here I am! this internet cafe...
Where faces I see, are seems happy
But in all these moderate melee...
A beauty again! yes, I did see
And with all surprise and honesty
She's browsing and reading my poetry!
Well, being caught in this situation
She sprung into immediate action!
'Oh well, about this poems' she said
'I don't know what's gone into his head
Who thinks he can impress his old flames!
This so called nice poet Jesus James'
'Better to play games' she further states
'Where in each level I can relate
Like this saga, pear and candy crush
Where I enjoy, all these in a flash
Even if this causes me headaches
At least, it keeps me really awake! '
It is somewhat hard, on what I've heard
And pretend that I was not bothered
I just continue with my writings
And go on with my feeble readings
But as she finish her fancy games
She tap my ear and say 'Hello James! '
'I love your poems and just kidding
This is just my own way of teasing
You know, sometimes I like being funny
With you, I'm playing to be naughty
For in my heart I really knew and see
That all your poems are meant for me! '
Jesus James Llorico's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Internet Cafe (Circa 2013) by Jesus James Llorico )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram