I'm Speckeled with you glory, yet I still feel the Shame.
Eveverything's so different, But I still Feel the Same.
You tell me to be confident, and my anger gets the best of me.
You try to make it better, But I just want you to leave.
And when you do, I have nothing to do.
But cry, and die, and show off my inside.
But its no show, and you'll never see.
I'm too good at hiding what gets the best of me.
I'll stare in the mirrior, chanting the same thing,
I Hate You, I Hate You, set on repeat to ring.
And I know that it's true, Because I Hate this life too,
and its just plain to see,
all of what gets the best of me.
You see me so happy, you don't know anything's wrong,
but you never stay long enough to hear my true song.
only when I'm alone, and they're is no one I can see,
is when you'll really know what gets the best of me.
The fake smiles I make, and live on from day to day.
Fool you, so very easily, You don't see I'm not okay.
and Mabey you wont ever ever see,
what gets the best of me.
I still walk, and you dont notice my sad, depressing state,
and when you finally figure it out, It will have been to late.
by then It wont really matter, but you will finally see,
exactly what it was, that got the best of me.
Lacey Saulisbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Invisible Emotionless by Lacey Saulisbury )
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
- MY DOLL, Ritusmera Mundakkal
- Hope and promises, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)