Lawrence S. Pertillar
Invitations Meant For All
The doing of routines,
Become less felt as beneficial.
There is an emptiness assessed to be superficial,
Remaining fixed in maintained, sustained stubbornness...
For the ones that have become disappointed like this.
Absent are valid thoughts,
Wanting change with those wishes done.
Absent is the wanting of fresh air to breathe,
Or a desire for that to come to leave behind sorrows.
Although it is very clear the Sun rises daily to appear.
Uninvited is the feeling when invitations meant for all...
Aren't accepted yet rejected by those with eyes closed,
Who have abandoned wishful dreams.
Even if it seems,
What comes to shine brightly can remove their gloom.
Absent to dismiss are valid thoughts once existing,
In the minds wanting change with those wishes done.
Absent is the desire of fresh air to breathe that inspires.
Or the initiative to come to leave behind addicting sorrows.
Although it is very clear the Sun rises to appear,
As done for 'anyone' taking steps with recognized kept faith!
Topic of this poem: disappointment
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Invitations Meant For All by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The Beauty that is Simplicity, Leong Ming Loong
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland