Lawrence S. Pertillar
Invitations Meant For All
The doing of routines,
Become less felt as beneficial.
There is an emptiness assessed to be superficial,
Remaining fixed in maintained, sustained stubbornness...
For the ones that have become disappointed like this.
Absent are valid thoughts,
Wanting change with those wishes done.
Absent is the wanting of fresh air to breathe,
Or a desire for that to come to leave behind sorrows.
Although it is very clear the Sun rises daily to appear.
Uninvited is the feeling when invitations meant for all...
Aren't accepted yet rejected by those with eyes closed,
Who have abandoned wishful dreams.
Even if it seems,
What comes to shine brightly can remove their gloom.
Absent to dismiss are valid thoughts once existing,
In the minds wanting change with those wishes done.
Absent is the desire of fresh air to breathe that inspires.
Or the initiative to come to leave behind addicting sorrows.
Although it is very clear the Sun rises to appear,
As done for 'anyone' taking steps with recognized kept faith!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Invitations Meant For All by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Lead Feather, Joshua Riles
- For Just Tonight, Susan Lacovara
- My Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Mahua tree, gajanan mishra
- Why Are You So 'Nasty'?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Elegy For Whitney, michael walker
- This Poet's Playground, Susan Lacovara
- LIFE OF THE AFRICAN CHILDREN, Great Emeritus
- Joy, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- The mason's daughter, Maheshwer Peri