nariyan na ako
handa ka na ba?
tila hindi pa
tayo nang maglaro
tayo na't simulan
handa na ang laruan.
huwag kang patatalo
sa paglalaro ng sungka
ako yata ang dalubhasa.
ikaw ang nanalo
sa tindahan ni Ina.
i am here
are you ready?
it looks like your not.
the game is ready.
don't get loose
in playing sungka
i am the expert.
i'll treat you
to Ina 's store.
(Sungka is a traditional Filipino Game played by two protagonists. The object of the game is to amass stones or cowrie shells in your home base (bahay) by continuously distributing the shells around lesser holes until you run out of shells to distribute. The person who collects the most shells in his/her buhay wins.)
Rey Benipayo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Isa...Dalawa... Tatlo... by Rey Benipayo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- If We Don't Meet Upon The Morrow, Kute Makerz
- Radha, Radha, Radha, You Are My Life & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Angels, vanessa hughes
- Solicitation, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Redoubt, Noah Body
- For Madhavi, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- I Am She, Edward Kofi Louis
- On the Christmas Eve, nimal dunuhinga
- On This Issue, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Lost Friend, adrian moreno