nariyan na ako
handa ka na ba?
tila hindi pa
tayo nang maglaro
tayo na't simulan
handa na ang laruan.
huwag kang patatalo
sa paglalaro ng sungka
ako yata ang dalubhasa.
ikaw ang nanalo
sa tindahan ni Ina.
i am here
are you ready?
it looks like your not.
the game is ready.
don't get loose
in playing sungka
i am the expert.
i'll treat you
to Ina 's store.
(Sungka is a traditional Filipino Game played by two protagonists. The object of the game is to amass stones or cowrie shells in your home base (bahay) by continuously distributing the shells around lesser holes until you run out of shells to distribute. The person who collects the most shells in his/her buhay wins.)
Rey Benipayo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Isa...Dalawa... Tatlo... by Rey Benipayo )
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Know Why Old People Are Sometimes Very.., Shalom Freedman
- Speaking Loudly, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Sure, Michael McParland
- Into The Air, Robert Eckstein
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)