ISOLATED OTTAWA ARISTOCRATS... AUG 21ST,2013
The isolated Ottawa aristocrats are not here,
They’re far away up in Ottawa so we have nothing to fear,
Should we show them more respect despite all the scandals that we read?
Or should we lie low despite the audit and pay them no heed?
But that’s what they want and please, no checking - mounties involved,
And no need to have this audit or their travel expences solved,
But are these high aristocrats way above the law?
With senate titles until they are seventy five but is that a flaw?
Canada has this big problem that we are reluctant to admit,
It’s the hundreds of appointed senators that never have to quit,
And no one seems to know how to fix the Constitution,
Can’t be done, they say, and it might cause pollution.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (ISOLATED OTTAWA ARISTOCRATS... AUG 21ST,2013 by James Bredin )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
kitz d budding poet
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Schoon Poepske, Madrason writer
- Your Heart To Mine, Michael P. McParland
- Motivation, Kim Lee
- A life without pain, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- BLUE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Mental Torment, Kim Lee
- Волшебная прогулка по лесу., Alexander Smetanin
- To Be A Man Is Most Important, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Croc a Smile, Ima Ryma
- Judgement Call, bryan wallace