'It Is No Good Anymore'
"IT IS NO GOOD ANYMORE"
I remember my Uncle Jack in his last days saying
"It is no good any more"
I did not understand then what exactly he was saying
I now in daily pain begin to understand-
A time comes when the pains multiply
When one cannot get out of them
No matter what one does-
A time comes when Life is mostly hurting
And little or nothing can be really enjoyed-
The end is Hell for most-
I am not there yet
But I know it is coming
And I am quite afraid.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('It Is No Good Anymore' by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Boy O' Dreams, Helen Hay Whitney
- Does the Pearl Know?, Helen Hay Whitney
- Sigh Not for Love, Helen Hay Whitney
- A Woman's Pride, Helen Hay Whitney
- The gift of sight, Laxman Rao
- For some time, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Love's Kiss, Helen Hay Whitney
- Was There Another Spring, Helen Hay Whitney
- To Diane, Helen Hay Whitney
- An Aye Aye Dreams of being a Woodpecker, Stephen Katona