Do you listen to the night?
When the working mothers shop?
Do you fear the insecurity of sight
While the mighty machines chop?
Does the nightly news nightmare
Make you think you’re in hell?
Where the people who should care
Have fallen under a devilish spell?
As your anxiety grows
Beyond the safety of your dreams,
Have you installed bars on your windows?
Are you breathing between the screams?
The pain each of us must endure,
While stretching for the ceiling,
We will wish we loved more
When our sores stop healing!
Written by Mark Berryann © 2013
M.. BERRYANN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Dark! by M.. BERRYANN )
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)