It scares me
I’m haunted by my own thoughts.
I feel like my head is heavy, my brain is overwhelmed,
If I were to put it all in painting… it would be surreal.
It all provokes the inner me, I sit by myself thinking,
What happened to me?
What ever happened to the free spirited me?
What ever happened to that girl that smiled every day?
I used to laugh at almost anything,
I’d giggle until my tummy started paining.
My brain runs till my head starts aching
I’m always thinking of howcome? Of how I fell so hard,
It scares me to see a reflection of a bitter young me,
Happiness, come along now…
Bring back the sparkling me,
I do not recognise the Zandi I’ve become.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It scares me by Zandi Wardle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas
- Morning Prayer, Brian P FitzGerald
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah
- Mendel Anxiety, RISHAD MKPNR
- Beauty Falls..., John Ugolo Umah
- Flooded street, gajanan mishra
- Cloud Maker, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I Meditate On..., John Ugolo Umah
- In-Between The Rain, glen salem
- The Spear That Shakes, Tosin Abegunde