It scares me
I’m haunted by my own thoughts.
I feel like my head is heavy, my brain is overwhelmed,
If I were to put it all in painting… it would be surreal.
It all provokes the inner me, I sit by myself thinking,
What happened to me?
What ever happened to the free spirited me?
What ever happened to that girl that smiled every day?
I used to laugh at almost anything,
I’d giggle until my tummy started paining.
My brain runs till my head starts aching
I’m always thinking of howcome? Of how I fell so hard,
It scares me to see a reflection of a bitter young me,
Happiness, come along now…
Bring back the sparkling me,
I do not recognise the Zandi I’ve become.
Zandi Wardle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It scares me by Zandi Wardle )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- स्त्री भृण हत्या, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- DHARTI KI AUTI PARI, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Rory Richards in His Pew, Francie Lynch
- आँखपन दे मुझको, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- समर्पित, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- On the run, Leong Ming Loong
- अभी और यहीं, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- My Love, How Are You? Are You Happy With.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How I Feel, Leong Ming Loong
- Something Systemic, Francie Lynch