It Wasn't Mine
Thick and dark my blood flows free,
As red as the rose you once gave me.
My feet are cold my hands are numb,
My ears are deaf, my lips dumb.
My hair goes wet and my skin goes dry,
Your attack was so sudden I didn't even cry.
I just saw your face as you stabbed me on my chest,
That very instance I fell and intense pain I felt.
As you pulled the knife I felt your touch last,
Even with a cruel touch what a spell you cast.
You went away, out in the pouring rain,
Honey I'd told you never to be drenched by rain.
You'll catch a cold and a burning fever,
And I wouldn't be there to hold you when you'd shiver.
I reflect on all of this,
Will I by you be missed?
I'd loved you whole,
For your body and soul:
And on your cheek a tiny little mole.
But who'll care for you now as I'm reduced only to a soul.
I don't mind you killing me,
I just mind you hurting yourself.
Why did you have to stab me through the heart?
Stupid creature! That was not mine but it was your heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Wasn't Mine by Isabella Francis )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Castles Made of Salt, Michael Mira
- Your Voice, Gina Borrebach
- For peace, gajanan mishra
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong