Joy's Janine, sovereign Queen,
is sitting unwittingly, caught between
time and timelessness, sans spleen.
Softness shines from silent scene
such as, had I true artist been,
from canvas onto online screen,
all might glimpse peerlessness serene.
She'd e'en cause pristine saints to dream
on paragon, fair figurine,
on team-theme evergreen.
13 April 1975 revised 23 April 2010
for previous version see below
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
in beige, brown, green
in silence is seen
sitting. Such a soft scene
as, had I an artist been,
from palette to fair picturene
I would, I ween, cause e’en the saints to dream.
13 April 1975
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Janine by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- swimming, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Leter tim biri, skender iljaz braka
- The wise people, hasmukh amathalal
- Resiliendum, Anthony Di'anno
- Per ty Palestine, skender iljaz braka
- Crisis Arrives, Naveed Akram
- My phantom grandpa!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- admiring the love of love, Jamal Downes
- Alabama Love, Jamal Downes
- Genna, Jamal Downes