Jasmines Or You.?
Cherie! May I give to jasmines, your name?
Their perfume is just like your scent.
When I touch jasmines, they shy as you used to be;
That's why jasmines, recall your memory.
Or call you with the flower's name?
Jasmines' and your smell is just the same.
You are silent as jasmines are;
Since you have been so far.
When you came to me, to say good-bye;
Now I blaming myself, why believed your lie.
You said that you would come back;
Since that day, why we have not met?
You gave me jasmines with tearful eyes;
Though it was portent, but I never realized.
So now these flowers, whenever I see;
Make me cry and recall your memory.
P.S.Cherie: is originally French word, means 'dearest'
and its pronunciation is 'Sherry'.
Majid Zubedi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jasmines Or You.? by Majid Zubedi )
- Consolation, Aparna Chatterjee
- Lifeless, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unnatural Apologie of Shadows, Nathalie Handal
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)