Jasmines Or You.?
Cherie! May I give to jasmines, your name?
Their perfume is just like your scent.
When I touch jasmines, they shy as you used to be;
That's why jasmines, recall your memory.
Or call you with the flower's name?
Jasmines' and your smell is just the same.
You are silent as jasmines are;
Since you have been so far.
When you came to me, to say good-bye;
Now I blaming myself, why believed your lie.
You said that you would come back;
Since that day, why we have not met?
You gave me jasmines with tearful eyes;
Though it was portent, but I never realized.
So now these flowers, whenever I see;
Make me cry and recall your memory.
P.S.Cherie: is originally French word, means 'dearest'
and its pronunciation is 'Sherry'.
Majid Zubedi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jasmines Or You.? by Majid Zubedi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom
- We sit on a balcony, Gert Strydom
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan