This evening I searched my way to God’s range
Where they were celebrating Easter, his morale.
There I found the one familiar but now strange:
That was you who had strayed into the chorale.
We did not recognize one another at this hour:
Everything God had reserved the right to oversee.
Your ventricles were saturated in God’s power,
Not a tiny cavity in your heart was saved for me.
I waited for you at the gate in front of the church
With a glimmer of my hope I kindled a candle;
But you had already dissolved in the lambs herd;
I returned into the night my loneliness to handle.
God has taught his disciples: thou open thy heart
To love thy fellow humans all to live in chime.
Well, my heart is able only to love her, how tart!
Oh Lord, but does she love me right at this time?
Jesus was resurrected, and you were too tonight.
I wondered if tomorrow, to revert, you would deem
To recognize in life, with vicissitudes though trite,
One another, ourselves, after the paradise dream?
ThanhThanh Poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Jesus Resurrected by ThanhThanh Poet )
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
- A Cat Is Always A Cat, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before and After, Aftab Alam
- Like The End Of A Prayer, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Burning Costs of Life, michael walkerjohn
- Elisabeth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before shutting the lid of the coffin….., Ponniah Ganeshan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)