Job description for the Future
The teachers ask me,
'What do you want to be? '
what kind of job do I want to do?
But to be honest, I don't have a clue.
I like singing,
should I become a singer.
I like writing poems,
does that make me a poet?
I am working on my own book,
does that let me become a writer later?
The last one I hope.
Yet I cannot give the teachers answers,
For that is a free verse.
Anne Unknown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Job description for the Future by Anne Unknown )
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Ithaca, Constantine P. Cavafy
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)