Job description for the Future
The teachers ask me,
'What do you want to be? '
what kind of job do I want to do?
But to be honest, I don't have a clue.
I like singing,
should I become a singer.
I like writing poems,
does that make me a poet?
I am working on my own book,
does that let me become a writer later?
The last one I hope.
Yet I cannot give the teachers answers,
For that is a free verse.
Anne Unknown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Job description for the Future by Anne Unknown )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
Poem of the Day
- Darkness, yvonne stine
- Knocking at your door, yvonne stine
- Noisy -Noisy Frog, Aftab Alam
- Prince and Saviour, yvonne stine
- يا قمرنا يا مليح, Abdullah alHemaidy
- God is faithful & True, yvonne stine
- My name, Nassy Fesharaki
- Author of space and time, yvonne stine
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar