Johny Cash For Prison Reform
Johny Cash the “Man In Black”
is more than a country singer
for he brought awareness
about conditions about prisons
and that is a fact.
He sang in prisons all for free
bringing some joy to prisoners life of misery.
Johny met with President Nixon
to make Prison Reform for American’s prisons.
Speaking before Congress about the
nature and purpose of incarceration
he brought about awareness to this nation.
On his Johny Cash Show he lifted human consciousness
on a social issue we all should know.
He fought for the prisoners, for they are the underdog
he did this all without internet or blogs.
He was there at the US Senate subcommittee
with 2 former inmates who say prison life not pretty.
A passionate and vocal spokesman on prisoner’s rights
We must thank Johny Cash for being there for prisoners
putting up a well deserved fight.
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Johny Cash For Prison Reform by SQC Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Who Sees The Tears, V P Mahur
- The Daily Walk, Jesus James Llorico
- When life was a long ambassador car ride.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Dead dream, the hobbler
- Simple Note, Abdullah alHemaidy
- truth versus lie, Reena Puri
- world full of uncertainty, lee fones
- To My Ever Faithful Elaine, David McLansky
- OUR NAMES اسماءنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- OUR NAMES, MOHAMMAD SKATI