Johny Cash For Prison Reform
Johny Cash the “Man In Black”
is more than a country singer
for he brought awareness
about conditions about prisons
and that is a fact.
He sang in prisons all for free
bringing some joy to prisoners life of misery.
Johny met with President Nixon
to make Prison Reform for American’s prisons.
Speaking before Congress about the
nature and purpose of incarceration
he brought about awareness to this nation.
On his Johny Cash Show he lifted human consciousness
on a social issue we all should know.
He fought for the prisoners, for they are the underdog
he did this all without internet or blogs.
He was there at the US Senate subcommittee
with 2 former inmates who say prison life not pretty.
A passionate and vocal spokesman on prisoner’s rights
We must thank Johny Cash for being there for prisoners
putting up a well deserved fight.
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Johny Cash For Prison Reform by SQC Chevalier )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Dafur crisis, Lubinda Lubinda
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation