Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
Every moment is joy,
Every place is joy,
Every creature is joy,
When I walk under blue or clouded sky,
When I pass by a slum in Mumbai,
Visit Pong Yong lake in Leh, flashing
Its seventeen colors from this bank to that,
When I see compound of middle income society
In Bandra East, close to my house,
Sporting a badam tree, an exotic palm,
An ashoka tree, and a Christmas tree all together
Although the leaves are all brown with dust,
When I enjoy my full faculties
Even when it means hearing criticism
Or being aware of pain somewhere in the back.
For years, since I taught English
As lecturer in SVN College of Madurai,
I have given as example for life
A glass of milk
With poison drops two or three,
In the shape of pain, poverty or death.
Now, I have grown up.
Have Zen, and Osho
Made me what I am?
No, joy has always been there
It is only the discovery now.
They are fingers
Pointing to the Moon
Of my delight.
D T Joseph
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Joy by Daniel Trevelyn Joseph )
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery