Here I am in the last scene of that last act.
This how you wanted it, right?
You got your crucifixion
And I hear you’ll be up and around
In a few days.
I got my silver and my regrets
And all that’s left
Is my own exit, stage right.
The props are all here,
The rope is thrown over the limb
And I just slip it on and jump!
I guess they’ll find me in a day or two,
The potter’s field awaits!
Before I go,
I want to know,
Had I willed it so,
Could I have said “no”?
I suspect you’d have used Thomas,
(He was always skeptical)
Or Peter, (he’s as malleable and dense as lead.)
He denied you three times for God’s sake!
If I had no choice,
Then why am I a villain?
Just following orders, as they say,
And believe me, it wasn’t the coin.
If I’d known what I was in for,
I’d have given it all back.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Judas by Charles Darnell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- i hide acorns, cristobal Benjumea
- do we go to toulouse or new york, cristobal Benjumea
- do we go to toloulouse or new york, cristobal Benjumea
- I see the ruins did love win or lose, cristobal Benjumea
- REAL HUMANITY, hasmukh amathalal
- Non Sequitur with Sirius, Paul Hartal
- Suiyang, My Hometown, Luo Zhihai
- Correction Room, Akhtar Jawad
- Use of victory, gajanan mishra
- Goodnight Darling One, Michael P. McParland