July 21,1969- The Eagle has landed
Houston we have landed
It is one small step,
To land on the moon in this decade,
Just as JFK promised.
Not because it was easy
But because it was hard,
That is what he said,
And that is what we did!
The only problem was since those words
Were said our country had changed.
Gone are JFK, RFK, and MLK
Gone is LBJ,
Now Nixon is the one,
But objective remained the same
To land on the moon
No matter what the cost
On this summer day in 1969
We all came a little closer together
As we saw
The first man walk on the moon.
Now we may find
That he didn't walk on the moon at all.
A Government that lies about a break in
Could they tell a story about something else?
Now as we look up towards the moon,
Let us remember that special day
When are attention was directed to man who walked on the moon.
July 21,1969 the Eagle had landed
Now the question is where did in land?
Nadalia Bagratuni's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (July 21,1969- The Eagle has landed by Nadalia Bagratuni )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer
- The Muse, Midnights Voice
- Double Standards, Terry Dawson