July 21,1969- The Eagle has landed
Houston we have landed
It is one small step,
To land on the moon in this decade,
Just as JFK promised.
Not because it was easy
But because it was hard,
That is what he said,
And that is what we did!
The only problem was since those words
Were said our country had changed.
Gone are JFK, RFK, and MLK
Gone is LBJ,
Now Nixon is the one,
But objective remained the same
To land on the moon
No matter what the cost
On this summer day in 1969
We all came a little closer together
As we saw
The first man walk on the moon.
Now we may find
That he didn't walk on the moon at all.
A Government that lies about a break in
Could they tell a story about something else?
Now as we look up towards the moon,
Let us remember that special day
When are attention was directed to man who walked on the moon.
July 21,1969 the Eagle had landed
Now the question is where did in land?
Nadalia Bagratuni's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (July 21,1969- The Eagle has landed by Nadalia Bagratuni )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Unchanging To Exchange Blame, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Have Fun! Why Not?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Respecting Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- where you belong..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Our Divine Differences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sense Of Being Directionless, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Desert, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Living on, The Princess is
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi