I can’t believe it’s already you, July.
Half the year has now passed me by.
A moment ago it was New Year’s Day
With fresh resolutions to pave my way.
My chagrin is rescued by wondrous July
As gorgeous fireworks light up the sky.
This freedom that I assume is owed
Was purchased by many a bloody road.
Though air is sultry and mosquitoes bold,
I prefer you, July, to the winter’s cold.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (July by Gregory Huyette )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A POET NEEDS CHUTZPAH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- RATIONALITY VS. MADNESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- GOING SOUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Beautiful Sunset, Ron Writer
- T-SHIRT 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- JUST DO IT 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BERYL DOV WROTE 10 WORDS, Beryl Dov
- WEEPER TRAIN 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- DESPICABLE ME 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- CHILDHOOD'S MAGIC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov