Jump To Heaven
Hijacked planes flown into, for terror attack;
A heart shrilling scene, impossible to forget:
the view of smoking and blazing towers;
rising from both sides, flames of the fire.
Stood aghast watching buildings burn;
People disbelieved, shrieked and stunned.
Some people trapped on the floors of upper,
towers collapsed, sending plume of dust into air.
Many chose to jump instead of dying from fire
Sky looked raining human rather than water;
Though they knew the path they had chosen
Was also leading via earth to the same heaven.
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jump To Heaven by S.D. TIWARI )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- Maiden Of Ekwensu, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Whom to, gajanan mishra
- Holy place, hasmukh amathalal
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal