Jump To Heaven
Hijacked planes flown into, for terror attack;
A heart shrilling scene, impossible to forget:
the view of smoking and blazing towers;
rising from both sides, flames of the fire.
Stood aghast watching buildings burn;
People disbelieved, shrieked and stunned.
Some people trapped on the floors of upper,
towers collapsed, sending plume of dust into air.
Many chose to jump instead of dying from fire
Sky looked raining human rather than water;
Though they knew the path they had chosen
Was also leading via earth to the same heaven.
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jump To Heaven by S.D. TIWARI )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Born Again, Tony Adah
- I care less, hasmukh amathalal
- Final Page, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hermit, Neela Nath