Just For You
I don't really get what you've been through
I won't pretend that I really understand you.
I don't know what it's like to be in your shoes
I won't lie and say that I have never tried to.
I wonder how long you've been on your own
I wonder how often you've ever felt alone
I know our situation
Is a differently
In all honesty
I do see you in me.
I write this in hopes the message will get through,
I write this because I've been in struggles too.
I write this and rhyme this to the beat that I do
Because this rhyme, this beat I write just for you.
Karoliena Somura's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just For You by Karoliena Somura )
- Across the courtyard, Jorge Rolon
- Why Must I Toil?, Monk E. Biz
- Stay Devoted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon