Just For You
I don't really get what you've been through
I won't pretend that I really understand you.
I don't know what it's like to be in your shoes
I won't lie and say that I have never tried to.
I wonder how long you've been on your own
I wonder how often you've ever felt alone
I know our situation
Is a differently
In all honesty
I do see you in me.
I write this in hopes the message will get through,
I write this because I've been in struggles too.
I write this and rhyme this to the beat that I do
Because this rhyme, this beat I write just for you.
Karoliena Somura's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just For You by Karoliena Somura )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Raining Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- LIFE, FRIENDS & EYES OF LOVE, Tom Zart
- Ode to my stalker, or: La Luna Bella, Joseph Green
- Bluebird Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Space Case File #3,657, Joseph Green
- A Nod to Issa Kobayashi, Arguably my Fav.., Joseph Green
- No one shall, hasmukh amathalal
- Receiving A Post Card, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- my bike is somewhere floating down the m.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Beyond, Anthony Cavuoti