Just One Child
Maybe, just one child is all it would take
born into this world of conflict and hate.
To grow up with a voice all men would hear
who would speak of peace, not war and fear.
Someone who would bring the world peace
and encourage all wars and cruelty to cease.
A man, or woman, the world would listen to
I’m just a man with a simple point of view.
But could it be, it’s already happened before
and no one will listen to anyone anymore.
Perhaps we just need it all to happen again
but would we just listen and carry on the same.
Tim Kitchen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just One Child by Tim Kitchen )
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart
- ages, Howard MacDougall