Just One Date with Her
The fear of being what we really are puts us in a dilemma as it often makes things confusing for us to handle. Today, I wish to express something and it is about the love which I lost. Everyone, must be thinking that what is new in that?
If God was to say to me that I grant you a wish to get back your lost love, I would say to god that I love you my Holy Spirit. Dearest Almighty, my love for that very beautiful girl was very true. Only thing is that even after six years of emotional love with her I still was never able to date the girl I actually loved. So, now I am fulfilling my dream of dating her in my dreams. In my dreams I am taking her to McDonalds as both of us like fast food a lot. My favourite being Maharaja Mac as it is very filling for my stomach and I am really very fond of eating tasty things. She is always very happy so she loves the Happy Meal. I and she are actually truly opposite as I always have a serious look though she is always smiling with her beautiful white teeth. When she smiles I just feel so mesmerized by her beauty. Even in dreams I try to not smile with my full open mouthed smile as my teeth are slightly yellow. So, when she is sitting in front of me I feel so hesitant while I try to smile.
The fact is that I am just very lucky to have her presence in my imaginings. Then both of us share French Fries and sip Coke together from the same straw. I must say that now the Coke is even sweeter and I guess it is due to the fact that she is with me. With my sweetheart I am on a sweet date to a fast food chain. Everything was just wonderful until I heard a Good Bye from her. I asked that why do you have to leave? To it she replied I have to return as God is calling me back since my time is limited.
When she left I was weeping profusely as I was searching for her everywhere. I could not locate her ever again. Just one date with her I still dream for.
Rohit Sapra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just One Date with Her by Rohit Sapra )
Did you read them?
- पापा, sushant jha
- पापा, sushant jha
- Resurgence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)