Just one repair!
Just one portion of compound
Wall was broken
And I want to get it repaired
One person agreed
Along with him were
Five co workers
And agreed to complete
In five days.
Daily wages and
Meals have to be provided
Next day all came
At excatly 10am
Had tea, breakfast with chit chats
Work started around 11.30 am
Its tea and biscuits at 12.pm
Followed by a nap.
Followed by tea at 4.30pm
Along with lovely snacks
Then 6.30pm left home.
Took daily wages and left.
Continued for 10 days
Work not yet over.
I thought I will do it myself
A tough fight followed
Between me and worker.
I came to a decision
Fair for both
I prefer to keep
Compound wall as it is.
Now I learnt how to be patient...
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just one repair! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Friends, you are here, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Unknowing Ness (Complex Poet.., Marieta Maglas
- A Carpet On The Ground, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Regrets, hannah wilbert
- Zones Of Pleasure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Real friend, gajanan mishra
- Looking out his window, hannah wilbert
- Is Suicide The Answer?, louis rams
- Special Meanings Spoken, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Best Thing, Gerry Legister
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)