Just one repair!
Just one portion of compound
Wall was broken
And I want to get it repaired
One person agreed
Along with him were
Five co workers
And agreed to complete
In five days.
Daily wages and
Meals have to be provided
Next day all came
At excatly 10am
Had tea, breakfast with chit chats
Work started around 11.30 am
Its tea and biscuits at 12.pm
Followed by a nap.
Followed by tea at 4.30pm
Along with lovely snacks
Then 6.30pm left home.
Took daily wages and left.
Continued for 10 days
Work not yet over.
I thought I will do it myself
A tough fight followed
Between me and worker.
I came to a decision
Fair for both
I prefer to keep
Compound wall as it is.
Now I learnt how to be patient...
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just one repair! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Poem of the Day
- An Old Love, David Lewis Paget
- Social Awkwardness, Emily Liang
- Ode to My Hands, Tim Seibles
- Ode on My Episiotomy, Kimberly Johnson
- Teaghlach (Family), Ewen Morrison
- love so pure, love so true, kat tommany
- THE MIDDLE GROUND, Satish Verma
- bonds of friendship, kat tommany
- valentine's day, kat tommany
- can i be your valentine's day, kat tommany