I just collapse down,
After taking a medicine.
Full of darkness surrounded me
Heaviness closed my eyes.
Irritating sound covered all over my head.
But can listen to all
I thought I will never get up
My mothers cries, worried me much.
Neighbours panicked voice I could hear
I lay there for half an hour
Many tried different remedies on me,
All I could feel.
Next I remember I was in hospital.
Did she had anything?
If I could open my eyes and tell
I could hear everything.
Darkness all around
A horrible sound running in my head
Heaviness of my eyelids
I felt so helpless.
I lay there as good as lifeless.
If I could tell my crying mother
That I am Ok.
Helplessness laid me like dead.
I felt I will never open my eyes
May be the death knocked my door.
I thought if its God's will
I am ready for it.
Few hours later
I opened my eyes
My mother was crying bitterly
Smiled returned on her face
Her kisses showered me were of love and concern.
My mother words were very often
Don't go ever before me.
How to forget those painful moments
I was surrounded by doctor
And dear neighbours,
Who waited for me to open my eyes.
A word of thanks is not enough
But I can pray for them.
May be their pryers have
Brought me back.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just Unconscious! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Only You, Sonya Annita Song
- Limerick.21. An Advice, Valsa George
- You are welcome, my dear Mother, gajanan mishra
- Not all you get, hasmukh amathalal
- Limerick.20. Snoring, Valsa George
- Towards my dreams, Framarz Bagheri
- love, jaquesha webb
- Naughty Two 14, Framarz Bagheri
- Waiting For My Friend, Tony Adah
- With plan, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)