Nikolai Stepanovich Gumilev
Beautiful lassies, where are you now?
You who don’t answer me anymore
You who forgot all about me;
Left me behind – now my weakened voice
Wakes up the echo in vain.
Have you been eaten by angry beasts?
Or by your lovers you’re being kept?
Go on, answer me dearest,
I fell in love with you and I came
Down to meet with you here.
I caught a glimpse of you naked when
You were bathing in a clear lake.
And I came down thinking not
Of who you are – daughters of the moon
I – who am black robin’s son.
Nikolai Stepanovich Gumilev's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kha by Nikolai Stepanovich Gumilev )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock
- Miss Taken, Marshall Gass
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer