Kiss The Promises
Love not is unscatched when promises transgress,
Love not is a fool's game who builds on falsehood and mendaciousness,
Love not is a prisoner bound and shackled by fickleness;
Love is God's divine, graced to touch human lives.
As the soldier in battlefield longing to be home
In a world of irony and misanthropy, anxious he waits to see home.
His odyssey half travelled, takes a moment to gaze the vastness of the sky;
Holds his Cross dear, reminisce the promises made with her.
Embodied in dubiousness and uncertainness,
What befalls him if impediments meet his promises?
What if his journey cease ill-timed,
And strays in the world travail!
May he be a philander early youth;
Withal there lived a woman he loved true.
kiss'd the promises and strive what may come,
ventures to fulfill the oath ere his last breath.
sukkum chang's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kiss The Promises by sukkum chang )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- So sorry, gajanan mishra
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers
- To Joyce, Roger A. Rose
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov
- The harp players, Mark Heathcote
- Heil Britannia, Francie Lynch
- The Clouds Out Of An Aeroplane Window, Sambanath Denis
- I'm no less, Nassy Fesharaki
- On Looking Out The Window Of An Airoplane, Sambanath Denis
- Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath.., Bijay Kant Dubey