Kissing the Eye
The window was washed out.
Wild animals out of place
and there was silence.
All was nothing
All was bright
All was at peace!
The vestal virgins sang in their chambers
and the pharmacy began peddling their drugs.
the white of the eye was red in the sky
Irritated and snaking like a exposed electrical wire.
The village was hung over
with broken fences, roosters in trees
and we were kissing
While the White church was on fire
set from our roaring bellies....
The windows shattered
and out of the deep silence a scream then a whimper
as we stood kissing the eye of the storm.
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kissing the Eye by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland
- Holding Moments In Cupped Hands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak