Kissing the Eye
The window was washed out.
Wild animals out of place
and there was silence.
All was nothing
All was bright
All was at peace!
The vestal virgins sang in their chambers
and the pharmacy began peddling their drugs.
the white of the eye was red in the sky
Irritated and snaking like a exposed electrical wire.
The village was hung over
with broken fences, roosters in trees
and we were kissing
While the White church was on fire
set from our roaring bellies....
The windows shattered
and out of the deep silence a scream then a whimper
as we stood kissing the eye of the storm.
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kissing the Eye by jerome moore )
- Tinnitus - New York Style, Geoffrey Fafard
- Love's Metaphor, Naveed Khalid
- Aurora, Naveed Khalid
- Mythology, Naveed Khalid
- Gifts Of Heredity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On His Metaphysics, Naveed Khalid
- Pining Daily, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mandrake, Naveed Khalid
- Breathing Easier Now, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Surge, the Night Unseen: There Is a Dawn, Aeronius D. McCoy