RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Knowledge Makes Itself Known
Bright sunlight shining into my mind, illuminating it for a
moment in time.
Clearing up doubts and worries, placing them in a jar upon
a shelf of forgotten memories.
Finding the sorrow hidden in a corner of my mind, crouching,
afraid to come out.
Reaching out, touching it carefully, recollection flows out
abundantly in the form of tears, salted with bitterness and
Opening up the floodgates of my heart, they come forth,
cleansing themselves in the light of knowledge, no longer
able to hide in the corner labyrinths of my deepest mind.
Tearing into this heart, rending it's delicately, thin
cover, the pain of a lifetime claws it's way through my
my mind and heart, leaving me stranded in misery.
Like the waves of an ocean, mercilessly trying to knock me
down, as I try to stand on my own, while being thrown to
Bright sunlight shining into my mind, illuminating it for
a moment in time.
Sparing nothing, all things are under the scepter of light,
knowledge brings out everything good or bad to be seen and
dealt with on it's logical intellectual level.
Passing ever so lightly, tiptoeing across memories,
vibrating them like the strings of a harp, knowledge makes
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Knowledge Makes Itself Known by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Provocation! ! !, george albot
- Born as human, hasmukh amathalal
- New Years Heart, Ron Baratono
- It Is Called Time, Naveed Akram
- Ethical living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Dolce Vita, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem, John Gray
- Labor as a Tulip, Karen Volkman
- Sprig of Lilac, Hyam Plutzik