I feel all powerful woman, most of the time,
Like nothing can hold me back
I am the speeding train roaring down the track
And my strength knows no bounds.
But bring a man into the picture and all changes
Suddenly I'm weak and my power shifts.
Men it seems, are my kryptonite.
Robbing me of my common sense
And my will to resist sin and flesh.
I wonder if Superman craved his kryptonite,
Even as he cursed it,
If he needed it, like breath, like water, like food.
If kryptonite was his drug of choice.
I see broad shoulders swinging my way,
And the weakness settles in,
The thoughts in my head diminish
Until all I crave is his skin next to mine.
Lust, like poison flows through me
Infecting me at my most basic level.
There isn't a cure for this, just distance,
Just knowing for my own good,
I need to keep away, keep my head clear.
Aww...but for those moments,
Before I am consumed
And spit out again,
Kryptonite is all I crave.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kryptonite by Sandra Brennan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA