Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
Lagbaja's Rainstorm (A Poem Of Losses)
I sprung around in mindless fun,
and there you were, sitting,
savouring the thrashing tan of the sun,
the pupils of your eyes glowing.
and the breeze dancing joyfully between your toes.
Believe me I tried,
but humanity is weak,
what I found, I didn't seek.
slowly steadily you drew me,
till I fell into your abyss, the sinking sea,
yiyo tekun n yo, ki she tojo,
I will, I try, but I cannot go.
eyinfunjowo, eyinmenugun, purer than diamonds, shinier than the ember moon
In defiance, I left my home,
determined beyond confusion to live life,
deaf to father's warning,
of the danger in unknown women.
And just as I sprung out in mindless fun,
I came upon your magnetic essence.
But what was I to ascribe to this,
fate, destiny, or coincidence,
whatever it was, it sure is wicked.
For time down the line,
I sit again at predicament's feet,
in the light of the day and heat of the sun,
my love gone, my heart broken and you not coming back
Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lagbaja's Rainstorm (A Poem Of Losses) by Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa )
- Act of plagiarism, Aftab Alam
- Chadjeordie, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Miss Fatma, Ali Nawroz
- Everything Goes On, Fatima Nusairat
- From Fear to Greed..., Mr. Nobody
- Abandonment's Pain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lingerings, Stephen Warren Williams
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Flower, Rabindranath Tagore
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)