Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
Lagbaja's Rainstorm (A Poem Of Losses)
I sprung around in mindless fun,
and there you were, sitting,
savouring the thrashing tan of the sun,
the pupils of your eyes glowing.
and the breeze dancing joyfully between your toes.
Believe me I tried,
but humanity is weak,
what I found, I didn't seek.
slowly steadily you drew me,
till I fell into your abyss, the sinking sea,
yiyo tekun n yo, ki she tojo,
I will, I try, but I cannot go.
eyinfunjowo, eyinmenugun, purer than diamonds, shinier than the ember moon
In defiance, I left my home,
determined beyond confusion to live life,
deaf to father's warning,
of the danger in unknown women.
And just as I sprung out in mindless fun,
I came upon your magnetic essence.
But what was I to ascribe to this,
fate, destiny, or coincidence,
whatever it was, it sure is wicked.
For time down the line,
I sit again at predicament's feet,
in the light of the day and heat of the sun,
my love gone, my heart broken and you not coming back
Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lagbaja's Rainstorm (A Poem Of Losses) by Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa )
- Prisoner's Song, Tony Adah
- Anticipation, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream, shakil ahmed
- My boat is sinking ever so slowly, JIBAN GOSWAMI
- You Can Lil story, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Exploitation, gajanan mishra
- Three Simple Words, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Loving Others, Tom Zart
- Law Breakers, Tony Adah
- Our India is the best country of the who.., Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Men, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)