The heart bleeds,
and life carries,
with the turning time,
waves of legacy
to the shore, floating on the blue lake.
The tides wash
down hellish land stretch
past the Ire of snowlions.
Water and wind
The lake was formed.
Red and rigid,
the bloods and the rivers
swelled beneath the lake.
swallowed up the shore.
Peach and Plum trees,
as bare as a skeleton,
unseen by mortal eyes,
and dried goldfishes
in sands beneath my feet.
Now I live a new life
where there are no sounds.
I sleep, I weep, lifelessly.
On the waterless sands,
I walk, leaving behind my footprints,
as my bare hands
rise before these arid faces.
My people, humble people who know
what will happen to Lake Yamdrok.
Then I will ask,
“Am I dead or Am I alive? ”
Kathup Tsering's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lake Yamdrok by Kathup Tsering )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Falling Leaves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Momentarily, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Zephyr's Army, Argentine Tango
- close, laxami Cards
- My friendly foe, Arnab Chaudhuri
- shut your dirty mouth, Mandolyn Davidson
- Rocking Chair Memories, Nicole GravellPellerino
- it's too hot to play scrabble, Mandolyn Davidson
- It is raining and raining, gajanan mishra
- Silence, Arnab Chaudhuri