Kathleen Jessie Raine
Where are those dazzling hills touched by the sun,
Those crags in childhood that I used to climb?
Hidden, hidden under mist is yonder mountain,
Hidden is the heart.
A day of cloud, a lifetime falls between,
Gone are the heather moors and the pure stream,
Gone are the rocky places and the green,
Hidden, hidden under sorrow is yonder mountain,
O storm and gale of tears, whose blinding screen
Makes weather of grief, snow's drifting curtain
Palls th'immortal heights once seen.
Hidden, hidden is the heart,
Hidden, hidden is the heart.
Kathleen Jessie Raine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lament by Kathleen Jessie Raine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- <<<<<<, , , Hope, Abdul Wahab
- broken freinship, Ewa Busayourmi
- Roll With It, Ima Ryma
- If I Tell You Your Own Bad Feelings, Shalom Freedman
- An ode to God's beauty, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- Someone Like You...., cheryl pires
- Dear you..., cheryl pires
- Mouse, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- Haunting Hour, Michael Mira
- Dancefloor, Justin Tang