Dr John Celes
Lament of Unborn in the Womb!
I am a person healthy and wholesome;
God forms me in my mother’s womb with love;
He breathes life, calling me by my sweet name;
Life’s Author wants me born into His world.
He makes me from just little sex cells two
– One from each parent, fusing them to grow
In pre-destined ways as per Natural laws,
Withstanding challenges of environs!
The womb is my God-given sacred home:
Rent-free, shock-free, safe, tranquil with free food;
I sleep and grow each moment in its lake;
God shapes my bones and flesh and organs fine!
Alas! When I think things were right on course,
My pro-creators do a murder foul,
And turn my home to tomb of agony,
Destroying me by harms of every kind!
I can’t imagine mom doing this sin;
I cannot picture dad abetting crime;
I fail to understand a world so bad:
Mankind annihilating own species?
My pleas to God to save me go in vain;
Devils have won a transient war for now;
My parents sin in mortal way this time;
What punishment of God awaits them both!
God hears my lamentations as life ebbs:
His wrath is great but patience lingers still;
His aggrieved heart is filled by sorrow much;
His angels take my soul to His presence!
Why does Eve kill her living toy God gives?
Why Adam too joins her thus in this sin?
Why does the world deny the unborn rights?
Why have more human beings turned ruthless?
Hast not the Lord bade, ‘Thou shalt never kill? ’
Yet, man heeds not but takes away more lives
–An act of sin that God’s heart can wrath fill;
His forgiveness and grace, thus man deprives!
I’m back with God to get His justice apt;
’Tis sad to see men worse than beasts behave!
The world I lost is not my final stay;
The rod of God is hell for killers all!
When past women bore dozen children, why
In modern age, they cannot bear a few?
When many couples childless stay on earth,
Why can’t all unborn find adopting hearts?
The Maker knows the ills of modern man;
So permits things against His Natural laws!
God has solutions for problems that vex;
His wisdom’s far better than any man’s!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lament of Unborn in the Womb! by Dr John Celes )
- How the Masters Roll~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Hidden Love~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- broken heart, jaquesha webb
- In My Head, Foster Teegarden
- Love is Splattered Everywhere!, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns