Lanarkshire's James Keir Hardie
Reading a book on Keir Hardie
As I did, a few years ago
Gave me a greater insight
Into Socialism's status quo.
Keir Hardie, illegitimate child of
meagre education, was at the
age of eight, a delivery boy...later
a miner, becoming Secretary,
Scottish Miners Federation.
He led the Lanarkshire Miners' strike,
Founded the Independent Labour Party
Taking them to the heights, dealing with
Unemployment, and ever promoting
During his short lifetime 1856/1915
Hardie was a Pacifist supreme,
Opposing war and women's suffrage;
His kindness towards the humble
Liken to a heavenly dream...
Members of all political parties
Will always honour his name...
James Keir Hardie of England
Popular gentleman of fame.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lanarkshire's James Keir Hardie by Joyce Hemsley )
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate