Review of 'Last Nites' Brings
Newly Awakened Realization
never mind that my mood
on 'Last Nites' is downcast,
cut within a week
after 9/11 and within
a week before the sadly awaited
date to lose my eighteen-year
dream jazz gig venue.
the critic writes a most
positive review, tho
perhaps not quite on mark
with: 'Case merrily
prances through...' all the songs
i play sorrow into.
but maybe i'm the one who's wrong...
if so, from now on i should
note among my many influences
the name Dandy Jack Donovan
i so easily behold my first sight
of the prancing wrestler from last night.
Note: 'Last Nites' was among five Case CDs
reviewed by Frank Rubolino in the June 2005
issue of Cadence Magazine.
johnny case's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Last Nites by johnny case )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka
- Decoy, Aftab Alam
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu