Lawrence S. Pertillar
Left To Go Unaddressed
Attached emotions suppressed to regret,
To allow them effectively depress excessively,
As if to fulfill a need...
Is something one does in a roleplay expected.
And done openly to detect without question.
Anyone knows who has experienced the benefit,
Of what it takes to grow from each stage of life...
That a graduating to accept what takes place next,
Requires acquired pre-requisites.
And that a keeping of emotions condoned but unshown,
Creates more strife one willingly invites.
With a suffering done of a life to live,
Making attempts to impress as a happiness wished...
Is left to go unaddressed!
But yet kept inside to desire.
Instead of prioritizing one's life as a blessing,
Needing no one to validate the existence of it to confirm!
From birth to witness and explore the experience,
Has, if one is observant, is a process already achieved.
One should and could live as if happiness to have,
Is not only a part of this life,
But the only reason we all bloom to blossom to grow.
To then leave behind the evidence,
What has been upon us bestowed to show appreciation...
Had not been taken for granted.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Left To Go Unaddressed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- On A Painting, Sambanath Denis
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch