Legal Assisted Suicide... Aug 27th,2013
The Quebec Government recently tabled Bill Fifty Two,
It’s the first DWD bill in Canada and it’s way overdue,
Pauline Marois is the first politician in Canada with guts,
While other politicians hide out and refuse to discuss.
While those on pulpits in fancy vestments call it a mortal sin,
Is that why our politicians are silent and quietly grin?
Though the Quebec Government got a standing ovation for this,
Our politicians and appointees just seem to dismiss.
Medically assisted suicide should be legal in this land,
We should thank those in Quebec as we try to follow their band.
Why is it that Quebec can get their Bill Fifty Two and we can’t
Have we all been dominated by some religious rant?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Legal Assisted Suicide... Aug 27th,2013 by James Bredin )
- Invitation to Ground Zero, William Jay Smith
- Touch not, gajanan mishra
- At Inchon, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Always Yours, Michael McParland
- All rich, gajanan mishra
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)