LEND ME YOUR SHOE STRINGS
Lend me your shoe strings for the journey ahead is great!
As I take a step each day, I will not go with my shoes untied in this bumpy field,
The thorns that grow in those bushes could pierce my feet and poke my ankles,
The journey has begun, oh out of my way please!
Let me tie these strings and tighten them as I get a move.
I need your shoe strings to rely on,
For mine are torn and dusted,
Oh be at ease, this trip will remain the most memorable one.
As I indulge in this experience, walking right in the grass that is above my head,
With waters across, that I will use to quench my thirst.
Oh mother earth, strengthen me as I walk in this world of unpredictability.
Reward me with a peace of mind as it is a price of my destiny,
When I return, I need a story to project.
Allow me to climb over to new territories,
Dear friend, please do not worry,
I will not forget you.
With the strings you’ve lent me,
In this journey, at this time,
Let’s hope they don’t let me down! ! !
To be continued…
Zandi Wardle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (LEND ME YOUR SHOE STRINGS by Zandi Wardle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK