Patches of scattered clouds
float across the blue sky;
the valley bathes in sunrays.
Bare branches gently sway
In a February wind with a touch of May;
while snowdrops their flowers display.
Nature awakes from its long dormition;
begins to examine and test the situation,
as it sends forth new life to fulfil its mission.
It is now February, the time of Lent,
time for self-examination and test,
time to awaken the self dormant.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lent by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mystery of poem, gajanan mishra
- Dramatization, Kewayne Wadley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald