lesson above all...
I am the girl who brushed against you,
just the other day.
The girl who wants to talk to you
but doesnt know what to say.
I still remember you after all these years
and I still love you after all this time and tears.
Now you don't remember me, now we have departed.
but I will remember you, you left me broken hearted.
Thank you for the love,
he love that was never there
Thank you for the memories,
the memories we never shared
Thank you for the truth,
the truth you never told
For all the hurt and lies
were the things that made me whole
And I really want to thank you
for never loving me at all
Because you taught me an important lesson,
a lesson above all...
Derryn Whitaker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (lesson above all... by Derryn Whitaker )
- Hunger, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My Tokyo, Kazuko Shiraishi
- We fall....TO RISE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- LOSS....MANY, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Alchemies, Aleda Shirley
- LAST SONG, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- ETERNAL LOVE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- April 15th, Aleda Shirley
- I can FOCUS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Defining myself, Soumita Sarkar Ray
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)