Let Her Bloom
The first time a man meets her,
his lids flicker,
an appropriate reaction.
The first time a woman meets her,
her eyes pop out and coil on her forehead,
another appropriate reaction.
Who can blame either?
Today, who buys the canard
about the true, the good, the beautiful
in theory or in a woman?
Let them watch her as I did.
Let them frisk her for flaws
that will allow them to live
as they are, as they were,
as I was when I met her.
Till then, let her bloom
with my children
while I wonder, I try.
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let Her Bloom by Donal Mahoney )
- A.Blok, A black ravenl...- translation (.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Making Sure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Girl, Stephen Morris Jr
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ광명오피녀 ⓑ송파오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 광명오피 KTwiz 송파오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- Silence, Kenneth Maswabi
- The crumbling spider web, Kenneth Maswabi
- Heaven With a Pinch Of Saltf, hugh everard
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ분당오피녀 ⓑ시화오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 분당오피 KTwiz 시화오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Heartache /3, Sabrina Chambers
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)