Dr John Celes
Let Man Control His Mind and Heart
Most things in life will turn out to be fine;
None can predict the course of future well;
Let sun be warmer or pleasantly shine;
It all depends on mind - heaven or hell!
Life is in giving up our vices fast;
Life is in nurturing our virtues prime;
Life is in learning wisdom from our past;
Life is in feeling joy in any clime!
Nothing is good or bad but if we control;
Our desires shouldn't seize our mind and heart;
We shouldn't forget the future of our soul;
Living in moderation is an art!
And when we share, we get more happiness;
And when we give, our heart is filled with joy;
And when we triumph over sinfulness,
No evil forces can our soul annoy!
God made the earth for man to enjoy life;
We should control our thoughts and actions well;
All excesses can add on to our strife;
A life God-centered rings a joyful bell!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 17-02-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Let Man Control His Mind and Heart by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote
- Confused Sea Gods, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- A Cookie Jar, Heather Burns
- Anger, Steve Gregory
- THERE MUST BE A CURFEW ON ALL CATS GLOBAL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Coincidence is hope for a non-believer, Jorge Rolon
- Love's Expression Escorting Me Into a Nu.., wanderer sailor
- Receding From Depleting Beliefs, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- AM 8/24, Jorge Rolon
- My EX Wants You, wanderer sailor