Babalola Augustine Adeola
Let Me Fly
I know you are holy,
and you live therein,
and I a sinner,
because out here is where i live.
i have been unfaithful,
disobedient my way
justification my life.
forget not my little efforts to dine with perfection
and condemnation, you do not bring.
I want to walk with you through the isle,
living with you for the rest of my life 'criticism'
and not her your sister,
she make look like him on the left hand side of mercy.
Judge me not,
you lack the locus standi
and your court,
jurisdiction have not.
You! I mean you, show me not my maggot ridden face, but the fresh part to make me grow.
Bank not my fault,
but my little goods.
Let me go,
hold me not to my past.
In this battle field,
we all fall to rise higher.
Let me fly,
please my inner man.
Babalola Augustine Adeola's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let Me Fly by Babalola Augustine Adeola )
- MEP interrogation, Over The Moon
- Whole, Ruta Wuneh
- मेगनआव, Ronjoy Brahma
- ‘Tis permitted Us Nay, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Dilapidated house, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The violin plays, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The palaces of the skies, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a buzz at night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To those sacred Places, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Green Signal, Asit Kumar Sanyal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)