Let The River Flow
The undulating waters caress the bank seamlessly
Lapping little wavelets, just to tease and to tempt me
‘Dip in you’ll be alright’ they softly sing my name
But one dip I could be lost, I know the name of this game.
Come now, slide into me, come feel the real delight
The river ripples on, the water cool, the moon so bright.
Just break the surface quickly; you know you really want to
Let your body be caressed, you are with the one that wants you.
Let the river flow, where it meets the raging sea
Let the river flow, the way that you want me.
The cooling waters, sooth the beast of savage brow
Flowing and caressing as only it knows how.
From cooling waters to raging torrent, let it flow where it might
Just let the river flow, while you hold me close and tight.
© 07/06/2013 AT
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let The River Flow by Amanda Tams )
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
- He was a carpenter. He worked with wood., Royston Allen
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)